Colourful and fragrant, these easy roast veges will feed the masses and take care of themselves.
- ¼ crown pumpkin, peeled
- 3 gold or orange kumara
- 10 small or gourmet potatoes, halved
- 2 small red onions, quartered
- 8-10 small-medium yams
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 1 tbsp freshly chopped ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, finely sliced
- 1 tsp grated nutmeg
- 1 tsp flaky sea salt
- 2 tbsp liquid honey
- 8-10 baby beets, trimmed and scrubbed
- 1 bunch baby leeks or ½ large, blanched
- 150g green beans, blanched
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Cut pumpkin, kumara, potatoes, onions and yams into even- sized pieces and combine in a large bowl.
2. Combine oil, ginger, garlic, nutmeg, salt and honey and drizzle half over the prepared vegetables and toss together.
3. Combine baby beets with a little of the flavoured oil and wrap loosely in foil.
4. Arrange the pumpkin mixture on a large lined baking tray, leaving a little space for the beet parcel. Roast for 35-40 minutes until vegetables are just tender.
5. Add leeks and beans and drizzle over any remaining flavoured oil. Cook a further 10-15 minutes until all is tender.
Tip: Blanching the leeks and beans first will help them keep their colour. Also wrapping beets in foil prevents them drying out and keeps the colour from bleeding.