This is a really simple dish to put together. It uses a warm oil dressing to which you can add more of your favourite things, such as cherry tomatoes or capsicum. Be sure to serve it with plenty of parmesan cheese and fresh chopped herbs for a fresh twist. If you can’t find tagliatelle (flat pasta strips), then substitute for spaghetti or fettuccini.
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp capers
- 3-4 anchovy fillets
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 red onion, cut into wedges
- 1 red chilli, deseeded, sliced
- 425g tin tuna in spring water, half drained
- 4 portions fresh tagliatelle pasta
- 100g baby spinach leaves
- Parmesan cheese, finely grated, to serve
- Fresh chopped herbs, such as basil, thyme, Italian parsley etc, to serve
- Warm oil in a large frying pan and add the capers, anchovies, garlic, red onion and chilli. Heat gently for 3-4 minutes to let the flavours infuse and onion soften but not colour too much. Add the tuna and heat through.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in plenty of boiling water. When it’s nearly finished cooking, add the spinach to the pot and cook for 1 minute more until bright green and wilted. Drain the pasta and spinach and toss with the tuna mixture.
- Serve in bowls with plenty of parmesan and chopped herbs.