Adding the rice to this fragrant curry transforms this dish into a one-pot wonder. Make it as hot and spicy as you like by adjusting the curry paste.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, sliced
- 1 tbsp Thai green curry paste
- 2 medium orange or gold kumara, peeled and diced
- ½ cup rice
- 2 cup vegetable stock
- 1 can coconut cream
- 125g green beans, cut into 3-4cm lengths
- 60g baby spinach leaves
- ½ cup cashews, toasted and chopped
- 1 bunch coriander, chopped
1 Heat the oil in a saucepan and saute the onion, garlic, ginger and curry paste for 3-4 minutes over a medium heat until soft and fragrant.
2 Add the kumara, rice and stock and simmer for 8-10 minutes. Add the coconut cream, green beans and spinach, and cook for at least 3 minutes until the veges are tender and rice is al dente.
3 Serve and top with cashews and fresh coriander.
Photos: Nick tresidder • Props: Natalie Hoelen