Total time60 minutes
The sweet mango and cool cucumber, combined with the tangy dressing and hit of chilli, makes this salad really pop.
Serves 4 as a side.
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp palm sugar (or 1 tbsp brown sugar)
- 1 clove garlic, sliced
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- Juice of 1 lime
- ½ long cucumber, peeled, halved lengthwise, deseeded and sliced
- 2 mangoes, peeled and sliced
- ¼ cup raw peanuts, crushed, to garnish
- Coriander leaves, to garnish
1. Combine the rice vinegar, sugar, chilli and garlic in a small saucepan. Bring to the boil, stirring, then simmer for 2 minutes. Allow to cool. Add the fish sauce and lime juice.
2. Place the cucumber and mango in a bowl. Add the cooled dressing and toss gently. Set aside for 30 minutes.
3. To serve, garnish with crushed peanuts and coriander leaves.