These burritos will become a family favourite. For a change, swap the beef for chicken or pork and add a few more vegetables, such as grated carrot, avocado and zucchini to boost your five-plus a day.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 sirloin, scotch or eye fillet steaks, sliced into strips
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 sweet corncobs,
- kernels sliced from the cob
- 1 red onion, halved and sliced
- 1 red capsicum, cut into strips
- 1 can kidney beans, drained
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- ½ cup homemade barbecue sauce or tomato pasta sauce
- 8 burrito wraps
- 3-4 cups shredded lettuce
- Sour cream and sweet chilli sauce, to serve
1 Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large frying pan. Add the beef and garlic and cook quickly until coloured and just cooked. Remove from the pan and set aside.
2 Add remaining oil to the same pan and saute corn, red onion and capsicum for 3-4 minutes until tender. Add beans and sauces, and simmer for 2 minutes. Return beef to the pan and mix through.
3 If you like, warm the wraps. Arrange the shredded lettuce down the middle. Divide the corn and beef mixture between the burrito wraps and fold in the bottom and sides to form a parcel. Serve with sour cream and sweet chilli sauce.