600g rump steak
2 tbsp olive oil
1 onion, finely chopped
2 cloves, crushed garlic
2 tsp grated fresh ginger
1 red capsicum, seeds removed and finely chopped
2 stalks celery, chopped into 1cm thick slices
150g beans, chopped into 2.5cm lengths
2 tbsp cornflour
1 cup beef stock
1 tbsp brown sugar
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 small head broccoli, chopped into florets
1. Cut steak into strips approximately half a centimetre wide, discarding excess fat.
2. Heat oil in a large frying pan and brown the meat. Remove meat from the pan and set aside.
3. Add onion, garlic, ginger, capsicum, celery and beans to the pan and cook for two minutes.
4. Mix cornflour with 2 tbsp of beef stock.
5. Add remaining beef stock to the pan along with sugar, soy sauce and broccoli. Bring to the boil and then stir in the cornflour mix, add the beef back to the pan and simmer uncovered for two minutes.