Total time30 minutes
- 3 cups sliced new potatoes
- 1 cup sliced fresh fennel bulb
- ¾ cup creamy mint & anchovy dressing
- Salt and milled pepper
- 4 x 120g pieces smoked
- tarakihi or similar fish
- ¾ cup water
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 8 to 10 rashers streaky bacon
- Fresh lemon or lime wedges
1. Cook the potato slices in salted water for 8 minutes, before adding the sliced fennel and cooking a further 4 to 5 minutes or until the sliced potatoes are tender. When cooked, drain in a colander and cool before gently tossing in a bowl with the creamy mint dressing.
2. Place the smoked fish into a pan with the water and olive oil. Cover and bring to a gentle simmer for 4 minutes, then remove from heat. The fish is already cooked, it’s just being warmed gently.
3. Cook the bacon until crispy.
4. Serve the steamed smoked fish and crispy bacon with the warm potato and fennel salad and a wedge of lemon or lime.