This tasty salad is perfect for a luncheon or light supper
and is always welcomed at a pot-luck occasion. The
dressing is simple but adds a flavoursome boost to a few simple ingredients. The bhuja mix is crunchy and gives this salad an edge.
- 1 cup thick and creamy mayonnaise
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 2-3 tbsp lemon juice
- ¼ cup mango chutney
- 3 cups cooked, cooled rice
- 70g baby spinach leaves
- ¼ cup sliced dried apricots
- 2 tbsp toasted flaked almonds
- Small handful fresh mint leaves, roughly torn
- 1 smoked chicken breast, skin removed
- ½ cup bhuja Indian snack mix or crispy noodles
- In a medium jug or bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, curry powder, lemon juice and chutney. Use a little water to thin to a pouring consistency. Chill until ready to serve.
- In a large bowl, toss together the rice, spinach, apricots, almonds and mint leaves, then arrange on a large platter.
- Slice the chicken breast into thin slices on the angle and arrange on top of the rice salad. Drizzle with the dressing and garnish with the buhja mix.
Take a look at chicken salad with brie and toasted almonds here.