The simplest pasta dish or bowl of boiled potatoes can be transferred by this green sauce, which is vibrant and full of fresh, zingy flavour.
- 300-400g baby potatoes (halve larger ones before cooking)
- 1 smoked chicken breast, shredded or sliced
- ¼ telegraph cucumber, diced
- ½ red onion, finely sliced
- 100g mesclun lettuce leaves
- 3-4 tbsp GREEN SAUCE
- 50g feta cheese
GREEN SAUCE (makes 1 cup)
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- ¼ cup fresh herbs, chopped – basil, thyme, rosemary, mint etc
- 1 tsp lemon zest, finely grated
- 1 tsp flaky sea salt
- ½ cup olive oil
- To make the green sauce, in a food processor or blender, combine garlic, spinach, herbs, lemon zest and salt. Pulse until finely chopped. Add ¼ cup warm water and blend well, gradually adding oil in a stream until the sauce is bright green and smooth. Store in a jar in the fridge for up to two weeks.
- Cook potatoes until just tender, drain and toss with shredded smoked chicken, cucumber, red onion and mesclun leaves.
- Arrange on a platter and spoon over the green sauce. Top with crumbled feta.