Total time30 minutes
Ready in 30 minutes, serves 4.
Peas with goats’ cheese makes a wonderful marriage – add salmon and an egg to take it to another level.
- 2 1/2 cups frozen peas
- 25g butter
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 8 thick slices of crusty bread
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 200g goats’ cheese
- 300g smoked salmon
- 8 eggs, poached
- Sea salt and cracked black pepper
1. Place peas and butter into a microwave-proof bowl. Microwave on a high heat, uncovered, for 4 to 5 minutes. Season and roughly mash with a fork. Add lemon zest, mix well. Set aside.
2. To make bruschetta, brush bread with olive oil and grill until golden. Spread bruschetta generously with goats’ cheese and spoon pea mixture on top.
3. Divide salmon between the 8 pieces of bruschetta. Top each with a poached egg. Season and serve.
Cook’s tip: If you don’t use all the goats’ cheese, store it in the fridge and serve later with roasted beetroot. They are divine together.