Total time30 minutes
Add canned tuna, crab, smoked fish or cooked prawns to this simple recipe and serve at room temperature as a dip or topped on croûtes heated through and served as hot tapas.
- 185g canned crabmeat/tuna or cooked, chopped prawns
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 125g traditional cream cheese
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 spring onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 2 dashes Tabasco or chilli sauce
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp parsley, finely chopped
1. Place the seafood in a bowl and drizzle with lemon juice.
2. Blend remaining ingredients in the food processor or with an electric mixer.
3. Fold the seafood into the cream mixture. Check flavour and add more Worcestershire sauce or chilli if desired.
4. Either serve at room temperature with crackers, or put spoonfuls of the mix on to croûtes or toast rounds and bake in a 200ºC oven for 5 minutes. We topped our warm seafood croûtes with slivers of red onions and chillies.
Cut half a baguette into 24 slices, spray with oil and place in a 180ºC oven for 20 minutes until lightly golden. Store in an airtight container and use with cheese or as the base for the seafood tapas.