Total time15 minutes
Ready in 15 minutes, serves 4.
This is a classic combination that’s incredibly tasty.
- 24 large prawns, peeled, deveined
- 3 spring onions, cut into 2cm lengths
- 8 x 12cm bamboo skewers
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp white wine
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 small red chilli, seeds removed, finely sliced
- 2 tbsp wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
1. Thread 3 prawns and 2 pieces of spring onion onto each skewer.
2. Combine soy sauce, wine, honey, chilli and vinegar in a shallow dish. Put sesame seeds on a plate. Dip each prawn skewer into the soy mixture then coat with the seeds.
3. In a large frying pan, heat oil over a medium-high heat. Cook skewers until prawns are opaque, approximately 2 to 3 minutes on each side.
4. Transfer skewers to a plate. Pour the remaining soy mixture into the hot pan, and cook, stirring, until slightly thickened, about 15 seconds. Pour sauce over the prawns to serve.
Cook’s tip: Serve with fresh lime halves for a little extra zing.