If you love blue cheese, this is the ultimate sandwich for you!
But for those who aren’t fans of the strong flavour, swap the blue for brie or another soft variety.
The seared pears give it a light sweetness. Cover the whole sandwich and slice to order, or cut into portions and wrap individually for a picnic.
- 100g cream cheese, softened
- 100g creamy blue cheese, plus extra for the filling
- 2 pears, sliced
- 1 tsp butter
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 large Turkish flat bread or ciabatta loaf
- 6-8 slices pastrami or smoky ham
- Handful rocket or mesclun leaves
1 Mash the cheeses together. Slice and core the pears, then saute in the butter and syrup until caramelised and tender.
2 Cut the loaf horizontally, leaving it attached at the back like a hinge. Spread the top and bottom of the inside loaf with the cheese mixture and layer with warm pear slices, pastrami and rocket. 3 Season well then sandwich together. Skewer if required.