- 1.5kg pork belly roast, butterflied
- 400g baby carrots
- 2 red onions, quartered
- 1 pineapple, cubed
- 2 tbsp runny honey
- herb mix
- Handful coriander, roughly chopped
- Handful Italian parsley, roughly chopped
- Handful dill, roughly chopped
- ½ loaf wholemeal bread, crusts removed
- 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- Handful Italian parsley, chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Pinch salt
- 2 tsp mustard seeds
- 2 tsp poppy seeds
- 150g of the above pineapple, finely diced
1 Preheat the oven to 200ºC. Blitz all the stuffing ingredients, except the pineapple, until just combined. Add the pineapple and mix. Lay the stuffing over the butterflied pork, roll up and tie with butcher’s string.
2 Put the meat into a roasting tray and pour ½ cup water around it. Cover with tinfoil and bake for 30 minutes.
3 Remove the foil, add the baby carrots and red onion to the tray and cook for a further 30 minutes.
4 Cook the remaining pineapple chunks on a hot barbecue or in a chargrill pan until coloured. Remove from the oven and drizzle honey over the meat.
5 Roll the pork in the herb mix (coriander, parsley and dill) and allow to rest for 5-10 minutes.
6 Slice the pork. Serve with the veges and pineapple, drizzled with the pistachio vinaigrette (below). A simple rocket salad would complement this dish.
- 1 cup whole pistachios, roasted
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tbsp honey
- 4 tbsp rice bran/vegetable oil
1 Crush the pistachios in a mortar and pestle. Add the lime juice, honey and oil, and mix well.