Abundant garden produce. Roasting the corn intensifies its flavour. Serve this salad with barbecued meats or delicate, pan-seared fish.
- 3-4 sweet corncobs, husks removed
- ¼ cup oil
- 1-2 tsp herb, garlic and sea salt seasoning or similar
- 1 red onion, cut into chunky dice
- 1 red capsicum, diced
- 1 yellow capsicum, diced
- 1 zucchini, cut into chunky dice
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 2 baby cos lettuce, washed and separated
- ½ cup chickpeas
- ½ cup sprouts
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped herbs
- Cracked pepper
1 Preheat the oven to 180ºC. Line a large tray or two with baking paper. Brush corncobs with a little oil and sprinkle with some of the seasoning. Arrange at one end of the tray.
2 Toss the diced vegetables with the remaining oil and sprinkle with seasoning. Spread the veges over the tray and bake for 20-30 minutes, mixing once, until tender and fragrant. Rest the cobs for 5 minutes then slice off corn and add to the veges.
3 Arrange the lettuce leaves, chickpeas and sprouts on a serving plate, and top with the warm roasted vegetables when ready. Serve with the herb mayo on the side.
4 To make the herb mayonnaise, combine the mayo, sweet chilli and herbs, and season well with cracked pepper.