Sweet desserts that say spring in one mouthful. The minty sugar is such a pretty garnish – use it for everything, from cocktails to ice-cream sundaes!
- 1 punnet (approx 8-10 large) strawberries, hulled and chopped
- 1/3 cup sugar, plus ¼ for mint sugar
- ¼ cup water
- 2 tbsp strawberry liqueur (optional)
- 2 tbsp gelatine, plus ¼ cup water
- 300ml cream, softly whipped
- ¼ cup white chocolate, grated
- Large handful of fresh mint leaves
1 Combine the strawberries, sugar, water and liqueur in a medium-sized saucepan and simmer for 10 minutes until soft.
2 Drain off ½ cup of strawberry syrup and set aside for serving. In a small bowl, sprinkle gelatine over the water and allow to rest and absorb for 5 minutes. Stir into the hot strawberries and mix until dissolved. Cool for about 20 minutes.
3 In a large bowl, fold together the strawberry mixture, whipped cream and white chocolate, and spoon into serving glasses. Chill for 2 hours or until set. To serve, drizzle with reserved strawberry syrup and sprinkle over mint sugar.
4 For mint sugar, simply whiz together the mint and sugar until fine and green.