Pretty as a picture and easy to make on mass, these double up as a drinks platter or easy brunch/lunch. The peas are a fabulous side for fish or lamb, too.
- 6 slices ciabatta bread or similar
- Olive oil for brushing, plus ¼ cup for topping
- 1 cup fresh or frozen shelled peas, blanched
- 1 clove garlic, diced
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- Sea salt and cracked pepper
- 4-6 slices prosciutto
- 1 large or 6 small balls fresh mozzarella, roughly torn
1 Spray or brush the bread slices with oil and chargrill until toasted.
2 Combine peas, garlic, lemon zest and olive oil and pulse in a small food processor, stick blender or mortar and pestle, until smashed and blended. Season well. Grill or pan-sear the prosciutto for 3-4 minutes until crispy.
3 Top the bruschetta slices with the pea spread and finish with the crispy prosciutto and mozzarella. Drizzle with extra olive oil and season with cracked pepper.