Believe it or not, it’s easy to make healthy and fresh American dishes, that are also quick to prepare.
- 4 wholemeal hot-dog buns
- 4 free-range pork sausages, (try your local butcher)
- 4 sweet, sour gherkins, sliced lengthways
- 1 cup rocket leaves
- ½ fennel bulb, sliced thin, soaked in water with half the juice of a lemon
- 2 eggs, soft boiled for five minutes, peeled
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 4 tbsp vegetable stock
- 200ml grapeseed oil
- Pinch salt and white pepper
For the emulsion
1 Place the soft-boiled eggs, mustard and vegetable stock in a food processor. Blend for 30 seconds, then very slowly add the grapeseed oil until an emulsion forms. Season.
1 In a frying pan, grill the sausage over a medium-high heat until cooked through and brown on the outside. Heat the buns and split lengthways. Spoon in a little of the mustard emulsion, followed by the sausage.
2 In a separate bowl, add the gherkin, rocket, fennel and a little of the emulsion.
3 Place over top of the sausage and serve.