Source authentic ingredients. Some of the larger supermarket chains have great options,
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 x 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp dark cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- ¼ tsp each ground nutmeg, cinnamon and cloves
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1 cup water
- ¼ cup Mexican picante sauce
1 Heat the oil in medium-sized saucepan over a low heat. Add the onion and garlic. Cook for 5 minutes until soft.
2 Add all the remaining ingredients and simmer for 20-25 minutes until thick.
- 2 avocados, halved, stoned and peeled
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tomatoes, skinned, halved, seeds removed and roughly chopped
- ½ red onion, finely chopped
- Pinch salt and white pepper
- 2 tbsp coriander, chopped
1 Roughly chop the avocado and then add the lemon juice.
2 Add the rest of the ingredients. Cover with plastic wrap until required.
1 Take six wholemeal tortilla and toast in dry fry pan until crispy. Allow to cool and break the tortilla into pieces. Serve with lime and coriander.