These are very easy to make, particularly if you have leftover mash! Any size for all occasions, they are a versatile option for finger food, luncheon and supper.
Also, check out our tinned crab ideas!
- 400g Agria potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 can crab meat, drained
- 1 spring onion, finely sliced
- 1 tbsp fresh dill, chopped
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- ½ tsp celery salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ½ cup panko breadcrumbs, plus 1 cup for crust
- Oil for frying
- ½ cup aioli or tartare sauce
- Microgreens or baby lettuce leaves and edible flower petals
1 Cook the Agria potatoes in plenty of boiling, salted water until soft, then drain well and mash smooth. Cool completely.
2 In a large bowl, combine crab meat, spring onion, dill, lemon zest, celery salt, beaten eggs and ½ cup panko crumbs. Mix well, then add the cold mashed potatoes and blend.
3 Make golf ball-sized amounts of the mix, then flatten in the remaining panko crumbs to get a lightly-crumbed crust.
4 Heat a little oil in a nonstick frying pan and cook the cakes for 2-3 minutes each side until golden. Serve in stacks with a generous dollop of aioli and a few pretty greens.