Total time30 minutes
- 1 tbsp oil
- 400g lean beef mince
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- 1 red or green capsicum, cut into strips
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 1 tsp oregano
- 420g can tomato soup
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 2 tbsp BBQ sauce or tomato sauce
- ¼ cup of water
- Black pepper
- 4 cups cooked pasta, of your choice
1. Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a large saucepan. Add the mince, garlic, capsicum and red onion. Cover with a lid and cook for 5 minutes, occasionally stirring, over a moderate heat. Add oregano and continue to cook for
another 5 minutes. Remove the lid.
2. Add all the remaining ingredients. Bring to simmer, then reduce heat and cook for 20 minutes or so until the soup reduces into the thickness of a sauce. Season with pepper. Due to the salty nature of the soup you probably won’t need to add salt but check and add if needed.
3. Serve with cooked pasta.