3 medium (375g) floury potatoes, peeled
2 tsp active yeast
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp salt
1/4 cup lukewarm water
4 cups high-grade flour
24 kalamata olives
2 sprigs fresh rosemary
2 tsp sea salt
1. Preheat oven to 200ºC. Roughly chop potatoes and cook in a saucepan of salted water until tender.
2. Drain potatoes, reserving water. Place potatoes with 1/2 cup of potato water into the bowl of a food processor and process until a smooth puree. Remove to a bowl and add chopped up butter, then leave to cool.
3. Mix yeast, sugar, salt and water together in a small bowl, leave 10 minutes until frothy and then add to potato mix along with the flour and mix to a soft dough. Add more potato water if the mixture is too dry, or a little
flour if the dough is too sticky. 4. Knead dough for 10 minutes until it’s smooth and pliable. Place in an oiled bowl. Cover bowl, put in a warm spot and leave for 1 hour or until dough has doubled in size.
5. Punch down dough and divide in half. Place dough in oiled loaf pans, cover and leave to rise in a warm spot for another 45 minutes.
6. Brush tops of loaves with oil and stud with olives. Scatter over rosemary leaves and sea salt.
7. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until loaves sound hollow when the base of the pan is tapped.