- 600g lamb or beef mince
- 3 cups prepared tomato pasta sauce
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1kg waxy or all-purpose potatoes, scrubbed
- Extra olive oil, to brush over potatoes
1. Preheat oven to 180¡C. Heat oil in a large saucepan and brown mince for 5 to 10 minutes.
2. Drain off any excess fat, then add tomato pasta sauce and parsley. Stir to combine, season with salt and pepper, then set aside.
3. At the same time, cook whole potatoes in boiling, salted water for 7 minutes to half-cook, then drain well and slice.
4. Spread half the meat sauce over the base of a lasagne-style baking dish. Arrange a layer of sliced potatoes over the meat sauce, then cover with the remaining meat sauce. Arrange a second layer of potatoes over the surface. Brush potatoes with a little oil to finish.
5. Cover dish with foil and bake for 40 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Remove foil and bake uncovered for a further 20 minutes to lightly brown the top.
Take a look at this potato, broad bean and bacon salad recipe here.