The icing sugar adds a delicious and pretty addition. Preparation: 15min. Cooking: 15min. Makes: 30
3/4cup icing sugar
2 1/2 cups flour
70g packet pistachios, lightly toasted and finely chopped
Finely grated rind of 1 lemon
Extra icing sugar for dusting
- Beat butter and icing sugar until pale and creamy.
- Mix in sifted flour and mix well.
- Add pistachios and lemon rind and mix into the dough. Mix well for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and form into 4 logs. Wrap in plastic clingfilm and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 160C. Slice the logs into 5mm thick slices and place on a cold baking tray. Bake for 15 minutes until firm but still pale in colour.
- Cool on a wire rack and dust with icing sugar once cold.