Health experts recommend eating chicken two to three times per week – just make sure it’s skinless!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp, plus 2 tsp basil pesto
- ½ cup Greek yoghurt
- 1 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup grated or powdered parmesan
- ¼ cup olive oil, plus 3 tbsp extra
- 250g round green beans
- 100g snow peas
- 2 large tomatoes, sliced, plus 2-3 vine tomatoes, halved, and 8-12 cherry tomatoes
- 1 red spring onion, finely sliced
- Fresh basil leaves
- Baby lettuce leaves or microgreens
- Lime wedges to serve
1 Preheat the oven to 180oC. Slice the chicken breast into even-sized schnitzels or thin slices. Combine 1 tbsp of the pesto with the yoghurt and toss with the sliced chicken. Place the breadcrumbs and parmesan in a shallow bowl and coat the pesto chicken in the parmesan crumbs.
2 Heat the oil in a frying pan and gently brown the chicken schnitzels for 2-3 minutes,then transfer to an oven-proof tray and bake for 5-10 minutes, depending on thickness, until cooked and golden.
3 For the salad, blanch beans and snow peas for 2-3 minutes, drain and toss with spring onion, basil and tomato slices. Arrange with the lettuce on plates and top with sliced chicken. Combine remaining 2 tsp of pesto with the extra oil and drizzle over the salad and chicken.