Total time10 minutes
Ready in 10 minutes, serves 8.
- 8 handfuls watercress or sliced romaine lettuce
- 1 ripe pear, peeled, cored and sliced
- 1/2 pomegranate’s seeds
- 3 tbsp toasted pine nuts or 1/4 cup croutons
- Fresh cracked pepper
- 1 tbsp honey
Note this is a very sharp dressing – no mistakes with ratios here!
- 1/4 cup Champagne vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp dijon mild mustard
- 1/2 tsp crushed garlic
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp cracked black pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
1. Put watercress or romaine in a serving bowl, sprinkle pear on top.
2. In a jar, add all the dressing ingredients except the olive oil. Mix well, then drizzle in the olive oil. Refrigerate until needed.
3. Drizzle with half of the dressing. Top with pomegranate seeds, pine nuts and croutons if using.
4. Season with pepper and honey.