24th September, in Recipes
Total time20 minutes
- 150g hazelnuts, lightly roasted
- 5 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
- 8 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 400g pappardelle or tagliatelle pasta
1. To make the pesto, roughly chop the hazelnuts and reserve a few for garnish. Place the rest in a small food processor, along with the chopped parsley, garlic and oil and whiz until smooth. Season to taste.
2. Cook the pasta in boiling salted water for 8 to 10 minutes until just tender, drain well.
3. Add the pesto to the hot pan and heat it briefly, until it’s just hot but not boiling. Return the pasta to the pan and stir well to coat the pasta in pesto.
4. Divide the pasta between serving dishes and scatter over the reserved chopped hazelnuts.