This is so simple to throw together and you can pick and choose the vegetables.
It’s even tastier the next day. Add some shredded meat or crispy bacon bits to make it a main meal.
- 250g penne or spiral pasta
- 1 carrot, grated
- ½ cucumber, diced
- ½ red onion, finely sliced
- 1 bunch asparagus or snow peas, blanched and sliced
- ¼ cup toasted sesame, pumpkin and sunflower seeds (optional)
- 1 bunch fresh mint, shredded
- ½ cup thick mayonnaise
- 1 lemon or 2 lime, juice and zest
- 1 small clove garlic, finely chopped
- ½ tsp wholegrain mustard
1 Cook the pasta according to directions on the packet, then drain and cool.
2 In a large bowl, combine diced vegetables, toasted seeds (if using) and mint. Toss with the cooled pasta.
3 In a jar, combine the mayonnaise, juice and zest, garlic, mustard and season. Toss through the pasta and veges. Chill until required.