Ready in 35 minutes, makes 24.
These moist and full-flavoured muffins will fill your house with their aroma during cooking.
- 2 oranges
- 2 large eggs
- 200g melted butter
- 1 cup dates, roughly chopped
- 400g plain yoghurt (with a little lemon juice added)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 cups flour
- 2 tsp soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
1. Preheat the oven to 200ºC.
2. Blend the whole oranges in the food processor – skin, seeds, everything! Add the eggs and melted butter (cooled slightly) and quickly whirl the mixture around.
3. Place this in a large bowl and add the dates. Mix the yoghurt and sugar together in another bowl. Sift the dry ingredients together in a further separate bowl.
4. Pour the batter into greased muffin pans and bake at 200ºC for 15 to 20 minutes.
These muffins keep well for up to three days. If your pantry is low on dates, you can use figs or raisins instead.