I always find mozzarella a little bland, so toss it with herbs and oil. Pull apart instead of cutting, to show the amazing texture.
Cutting the tomatoes in various ways, ie slices, wedges, halves, gives the salad visual appeal.
Choose perfectly ripe ones for full flavour.
- 2-3 large red or green tomatoes
- ½ cucumber, peeled into ribbons
- 3-4 vine-ripened tomatoes
- 8-10 cherry or grape tomatoes
- 4-5 small mozzarella balls
- 2 tbsp fresh basil leaves, finely sliced, plus extra for garnish
- 1 tbsp parsley, finely chopped
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
1 Cut larger tomatoes however you desire and arrange them on a serving platter.
2 Peel the cucumber into ribbons and bundle onto the tomatoes. Halve and dot the vine-ripened and cherry or grape tomatoes around the plate.
3 Drain the mozzarella balls well, squeezing out any excess liquid. Make the dressing and pour half over the mozzarella to marinate. Drizzle the rest of the dressing over the salad. Season well and add a few whole basil leaves and parsley.
4 For the dressing, combine the ingredients and mix well.