Mini raspberry & passionfruit trifles
Meal Type Cake
Total time 15 minutes
Occasion Special occasion
We used frozen raspberries for this trifle. Freezing actually helps the flavour and sweetness of berries. And at $7.29 for 500g, they’re great value.
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- 2 tsp icing sugar
- 2/3 cup cream
- 1/3 cup passionfruit curd (we used Barker’s)
- 4 tbsp passionfruit sauce or fresh pulp
- 2 tbsp slivered almonds, toasted
1. Toss the frozen raspberries with the icing sugar. Spoon evenly into six glasses. (The raspberries will defrost in around 10 minutes.)
2. Whip the cream into soft peaks, then add the passionfruit curd. Continue whisking. When the cream is semi-firm, scrape it into a piping bag. Pipe over the raspberries, then place the glasses in the fridge until needed.
3. When ready to serve, drizzle some passionfruit sauce or pulp over the trifles and decorate with toasted slivered almonds.
Annabelle was born and raised in New Zealand and while she does not have formal chef’s training her love of “great honest cooking” came from watching her mother cook every day after school.
more of this author