Total time20 minutes
- 425g can red kidney beans, drained
- 410g can corn kernels, drained
- 1 red capsicum, seeds removed & roasted
- 1/4 cup pickled green jalapeno chillies
- 2 cups fresh breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 cup grated cheese
- 1/4 cup coriander leaves
- 120g bag mixed salad greens
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 4 tomatoes, finely sliced
- 8 mini pita breads
1. Place kidney beans, corn kernels, and capsicum in a food processor with chillies. Process to roughly chop the mixture. Add breadcrumbs and process to briefly combine.
2. Form mixture into 8 patties. Place on a baking-paper lined oven-tray. Brush tops of patties with oil and grill for three minutes. Turn patties over and sprinkle with cheese. Grill a further two minutes or until cheese is golden.
3. Mix coriander leaves and salad greens together. Mix in garlic and mayonnaise.
4. Warm pita in a microwave. Slice in half. Place bean and corn burger patty on each pita base. Place slices of tomato on top.
5. Place salad on the burgers evenly. Drizzle with mayo mixture. Cover with pita bread top.