Makes about 1 litre
A simple combination of ingredients makes this a light and refreshing soup that looks stunning. I added the crushed wasabi peas as a garnish for a bit of drama, but they give the soup a nice texture too. The salty pretzel crisps are available at the supermarket and complement the soup beautifully. Before you serve it in glasses, make sure it’s at the perfect drinking temperature for guests.
- 40g butter
- ½ leek, finely sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1½ cups minted peas
- 1 cup cream
- 4-5 mint leaves, plus extra, to garnish
- Wasabi peas, to garnish
- In a medium saucepan, heat the butter and sweat the leek and garlic over a low heat for 4-5 minutes until soft and fragrant but not coloured.
- Add the potato and stock. Cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes until potato is soft. Add peas and allow to cook for 2 minutes. Remove from heat, add cream and mint, then blend with a stick blender or food processor until smooth and bright green. Season to taste.
- Reheat gently, if required, before serving. Top glasses or soup bowls with a few mint leaves and chopped wasabi peas just before serving.