Here’s another way of making this humble family favourite even easier! I have added the grated carrot and baby spinach to the mix so you will only need a simple salad to serve.
Plus my cheat’s version of a white cheese sauce make this dish as easy as possible.
- 30ml oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- ½ tsp mixed herbs
- 500g beef mince
- 250ml rich beef stock
- 1 tin diced whole peeled tomatoes
- 1 grated carrot
- ½ bag of baby spinach leaves
- 2-3 fresh lasagne sheets
- 125g sour cream
- 1 egg
- ½ cup grated tasty cheese
- All-purpose seasoning or similar
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and saute the onion, garlic and mixed herbs for 3-4 minutes until soft and fragrant. Add the beef and break up with a wooden spoon as it browns.
- Add the stock and tomatoes and simmer for 5 minutes, then add the carrot and spinach and cook for a further 5 minutes until saucy.
- Add a third of the beef mixture to the bottom of a slow cooker and top with a layer of pasta sheets. Continue with another two layers, finishing with the pasta layer.
- Whisk the sour cream and egg together until smooth, then stir in grated cheese. Spoon the cheese sauce mixture over the top pasta sheet to cover it completely. Sprinkle with seasoning and cook for 4½ hours on medium until the pasta sheets are tender. Serve with salad.
Take a look at these 10 ways with mince recipes here.