A roast means many things to different people. It could be a family tradition, or a full-flavoured feast shared with a glass of wine.
- 2 tbsp liquid honey
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp rosemary, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Sea salt and cracked pepper
- 1 butterflied lamb leg (approx 600g)
- ¼ cauliflower, sliced into florets or even-sized pieces
- 1 fennel bulb, sliced
- ½ cup mint jelly
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp hot water
- 2-3 cups winter green salad leaves (baby spinach and kale, mesclun, etc)
1 Preheat the oven to 180ºC. Combine the honey, olive oil, rosemary, garlic, mustard, vinegar and seasoning in a jar and shake well.
2 Arrange the lamb on a roasting tray lined with baking paper and cover in half the marinade. Roast for 20-30 minutes (depending on thickness) until medium rare. Rest for 8-10 minutes.
3 In a separate pan, arrange the cauliflower and fennel. Toss with the remaining oil and roast for 15-20 minutes until tender and golden.
4 Combine the mint jelly, lemon juice and hot water in a jar, or jug, and stir well. To serve, arrange the greens on a platter and top with the roasted fennel, cauliflower and sliced lamb. Drizzle with the mint jelly glaze.