Total time45 minutes
Ready in 45 minutes, makes 33 x 23cm tray with 32 squares.
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 1/4 cups firmly pressed brown sugar
- 1 1/4 cups coconut
- 185g butter, melted
1. Preheat the oven to 160ºC on fan bake.
2. Sift the dry ingredients together and pour over the melted butter. Mix together.
3. Press into a lined slice tin and bake for 12 minutes until a light, golden brown.
4. Let the base rest for 5 minutes out of the oven before pouring the hot caramel mixture over. This stops the base mixture floating into the caramel.
- 800g condensed milk (2 tins)
- 4 tbsp golden syrup
- 60g butter
1. Melt all together in a microwave for 3 minutes on High.
2. Spread the caramel mix over the cooked base and fab bake at 160ºC until pale golden brown (allow 15 minutes) and the caramel is set. Cool before spreading over the icing.
- 200g dark chocolate
- 60g butter
1. Microwave the chocolate and butter on medium for 1 minute. Stir, then microwave for a further 30 seconds. Stir until smooth.
2. Leave for 5 minutes, then spread over cooled caramel.
For a perfect cut when serving, chill the slice in the fridge, then bring it to room temperature for one hour before cutting with a sharp knife dipped in hot water. This slice will keep for weeks in a sealed container, layered with baking paper, in the fridge.