8th July, in Recipes
350g dried fettuccine or spaghetti
2 large courgettes, coarsely grated
2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
1 head broccoli, broken into florets, thinly sliced
1 clove garlic, crushed
1/2 cup basil pesto
Finely grated rind and juice of 1/2 lemon
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1/4 cup pine nuts, lightly toasted
1/4 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
1. Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of boiling, salted water until tender.
2. Squeeze grated courgettes between paper towels to absorb any excess water.
3. Meanwhile, heat oil in a large frying pan. Add the broccoli and cook for 2 minutes, stirring. Add the garlic and courgettes and cook on a high heat for a further 3 minutes.
4. Drain the pasta and return to the pan, reserving 2 tbsp of cooking water. Add the pesto to the pasta and toss together. Stir the vegetables and lemon zest and juice into the pasta.
5. Season well and serve wit