Total time90 minutes
Ready in 1½ hours, serves 6.
Search out a good-sized potato for this dish. The agria variety works well here.
- 4 medium large potatoes, peeled
- ½ green capsicum, seeded and diced
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- ¼ cup finely chopped herbs (thyme and parsley are great)
- 1 cup milk
- 3 large eggs
- 1½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup grated tasty cheese
- ½ cup crumbled feta
- 2 tbsp soft butter
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C regular bake.
2. Grate potatoes and place in a large bowl with capsicum, onion and herbs.
3. Put milk, eggs, salt, pepper, cheese and butter in a food processor or blender. Process, then mix well with the vegetables in the large bowl. Season with black pepper.
4. Place in a greased 25 x 18cm casserole and bake for one hour. It should look golden and slightly puffed up when it is ready to serve.
Capsicum is optional. You can use chopped chives or parsley from your garden instead – or as well! You do need a tasty cheese in this bake – even a little crumbly blue cheese could go on top before baking. It’s a great recipe to use up “bits” from the fridge.