Total time20 minutes
Ready in 20 minutes, serves 4.
- 800g agria potatoes, peeled and cut into cubes
- 1 tsp salt
- 50g butter
- 1 cup milk
- 3 large garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
1. Place potatoes in a pot. Cover with cold water and bring to the boil. Add salt, then cover and cook until soft.
2. While potatoes are cooking, heat the butter, milk and garlic together gently for five minutes. Do not boil.
3. Drain potatoes and mash.
4. When potatoes are whipped, strain in the hot-garlic milk mix and mash until smooth and light. Add parsley, check seasoning and finish with a fork to whip until it’s smooth and light.
Always add the salt when the vegetables are at boiling point. Salt added when the water is cold takes longer to reach boiling point.