This fruity date and chocolate log is the perfect sweet treat finale to a special dinner.
Makes 2 logs
- 1 cup diced dates
- ½ cup dried apricots
- ¼ cup boiling water
- 4 pieces crystalised ginger
- ½ cup ground almonds
- ¾ cup desiccated coconut
- 1 tsp orange zest
- 150g milk or dark chocolate melts
- ¼ cup chopped nuts, such as pistachios, pecans etc
- Place the dates and apricots in a bowl. Pour over the boiling water. Set aside for 20 minutes to soften. In the food processor, combine dates, apricots and ginger, pulsing until finely chopped. Add the almonds, coconut and orange zest. Blend until well mixed and stiff.
- Turn out onto cling film. Roll and shape into a log. Chill for at least 4 hours. Melt chocolate and spoon over chilled log. Sprinkle with nuts.