It’s always good to provide something substantial to eat at kids’ parties, to soak up all the lollies and fizzy drinks.
Serve these easy, oven-baked chips and chicken with aioli dip and lots of napkins.
- ¼ cup flour
- 1 tsp celery salt
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- Spray oil
- 32 chicken nibbles
- 1 bag oven-ready fries
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and line two baking trays with baking paper.
- In a large zip-lock bag or bowl, combine flour, salt, paprika, cumin and brown sugar. Spray the chicken lightly with oil, then add to the bag and toss until evenly coated.
- Arrange chicken on a lined tray and bake for 20-30 minutes until golden and crispy.
- Meanwhile, spread fries out on the second tray and bake for 15-20 minutes until golden.
- Serve in noodle boxes or individual dishes.
About Jo Wilcox
"I have had a love of food my whole life. Lucky for me my mum allowed me to play in the kitchen from the very beginning – from sitting up on the bench watch her peeling peaches for preserving or planning dinner parties from her many Womans Weekly Cookbooks. Starting in my local beach café, I went onto professional cookery training and my big foodie OE working as a professional chef and nanny. At 21 I launched my first restaurant. The following years saw me owning a gourmet cake and dessert shop and then a pasta deli before I discovered the world of food styling. Today I work in food styling making food look beautiful and tasty in packaging and advertising shoots, as well as my most important role yet – Food Editor of New Zealand Woman’s Weekly. I aim to provide great meal solutions that are interesting and approachable, and of course gorgeous foodie photos that make you want to cook them! I love the feedback and the knowledge that people actually cook them and have great results. If I can give someone a love of cooking and enjoying family meal times and gatherings then my job is done!" See www.jowilcox.co.nzmore of this author