This delicious fudge makes a great homemade gift for the kids teachers, neighbours, friends and family.
- 1 can (395g) sweetened condensed milk
- 150g butter
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
- ½ cup pecans, roasted and roughly chopped
- 200g rich dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- In a large saucepan, combine the condensed milk, butter and sugar. Heat gently, stirring until the butter has melted.
- Increase the heat, then simmer and stir for about 5-8 minutes until it starts to thicken. Remove from the heat, then stir in the vanilla, pecans and chocolate.
- Pour into a lined dish, about 18cm round or similar, and allow to cool and harden. Chill for up to 4 hours or overnight.
- Cut into pieces and wrap in baking paper, or portion into cupcake papers and cute bags.
About Jo Wilcox
"I have had a love of food my whole life. Lucky for me my mum allowed me to play in the kitchen from the very beginning – from sitting up on the bench watch her peeling peaches for preserving or planning dinner parties from her many Womans Weekly Cookbooks. Starting in my local beach café, I went onto professional cookery training and my big foodie OE working as a professional chef and nanny. At 21 I launched my first restaurant. The following years saw me owning a gourmet cake and dessert shop and then a pasta deli before I discovered the world of food styling. Today I work in food styling making food look beautiful and tasty in packaging and advertising shoots, as well as my most important role yet – Food Editor of New Zealand Woman’s Weekly. I aim to provide great meal solutions that are interesting and approachable, and of course gorgeous foodie photos that make you want to cook them! I love the feedback and the knowledge that people actually cook them and have great results. If I can give someone a love of cooking and enjoying family meal times and gatherings then my job is done!" See www.jowilcox.co.nzmore of this author