This salad’s bright colours and flavours – with a tangy lime vinaigrette – bring a lovely zing to the meal and balance the substantial rice balls.
- 6 courgettes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and black pepper
- 250g round beans, ends removed and sliced lengthways
- 1 cup fresh coriander (leaves and stalks)
- Zest of 1 lime
- 2 tbsp pecorino or Parmesan, finely grated
- Using a vegetable peeler, slice courgettes into long ribbons. Drizzle with olive oil and season.
- Heat a chargrill pan and cook the courgette strips in batches until soft and striped.
- Bring a pot of salted water to the boil, blanch the beans for 30 seconds, then refresh in iced water and drain. Toss beans together with the chargrilled courgette and coriander.
- Season and dress with Tahitian lime vinaigrette. Garnish with lime zest and grated cheese.
Tahitian lime vinaigrette
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tbsp muscovado sugar
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- Whisk the ingredients together until well combined.
Click here for more dinner recipes.