- 10-12 small vine-ripened tomatoes
- 1 ciabatta loaf, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Flaky sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 pottles Clevedon Valley buffalo mozzarella (each pottle contains a 120g ball)
- 8 slices Parma ham
- 200g wild baby rocket, to serve
1 Preheat the oven to 180ºC. Brush tomatoes and ciabatta slices with olive oil and season both with salt and pepper. Roast in the hot oven for 5-10 minutes.
2 Cut each ball of mozzarella into quarters. Wrap each piece in a slice of Parma ham and brush with olive oil. Heat a heavy frying pan or barbecue and cook the balls until the ham begins to crispen.
3 Serve the mozzarella with the ciabatta and rocket, and drizzle with balsamic syrup (below).
- 150ml balsamic vinegar
- 4 tbsp brown sugar
1 In a small saucepan, reduce the ingredients over a medium heat until sticky.