Fresh veges, seafood, pasta and chilli (for extra zing) make a great combo in this dish.
- 800g clams or cockles
- 1 packet spaghetti
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes, quartered
- Zest and juice of 2 lemons
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 1 cup red chard leaves, chopped
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tbsp pecorino cheese, finely grated
- 1 cup Italian parsley, chopped
1 Heat a large saucepan until hot. Add the clams and ½ cup water and put the lid on. Cook for 1-2 minutes or until the clams have opened, and remove from the heat. Reserve the cooking liquor and pass through a sieve to remove grit.
2 Cook the pasta according to the packet instructions. Drain and place in a large bowl. Add the cooked clams, the cooking liquor and all the other ingredients, then mix.
3 Serve topped with a little extra grated pecorino and chopped parsley.