Total time45 minutes
Ready in 45 minutes, makes 18 pieces.
If you find fruit mince pies too fiddly or predictable, try making this amazing slice. It’s a super way to use up fruit mince any time of the year.
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup wholemeal flour
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 200g butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups thread coconut
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups ready-made fruit mince
1. Preheat the oven to 170ºC.
2. Place the first 4 base ingredients in a food processor and process to mix. Add the butter and blend well.
3. Press mixture into a greased 57 x 13 x 3cm deep pan and bake for 15 minutes or until golden.
4. To make the topping, place the first 4 topping ingredients in the food processor bowl and blitz to just mix. Add eggs and process until just combined.
5. Spread fruit mince over the base and place topping on top.
6. Return to the oven for another 20 minutes.
7. Once cooled, cut into slices.