Total time5+ hours
Ready in 5 hours plus freezing time, serves 6.
- 1/3 cup currants
- 1/2 cup sultanas
- 1/2 cup glazed cherries, chopped
- 3 tbsp brandy
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1 3/4 cup thickened cream
- 1 1/2 cup Greek yoghurt
- 6 tbsp frozen cranberries
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- Icing sugar to decorate
1. Place fruit (except for the cranberries) in a bowl with brandy, cover and set aside for 4 hours.
2. In a large bowl whisk egg yolks with sugar until thick and pale. In a saucepan heat cream, but remove it from the heat just before it boils. Add to egg mixture. Mix well.
3. Pour mixture into a clean saucepan and heat until thick. Set aside. Cool completely then add fruit.
4. Stir well then pour into a bowl, cover and freeze for 6 hours. Remove from freezer and beat mixture.
5. Pour into six 1 cup dariole moulds or 1 large pudding bowl. Return to freezer for 6 hours.
6. Turn onto serving plates and top with sugared cranberries. Dust with icing sugar.