This is a super recipe given to me by Dianna, a teacher at
our school. It’s a recipe made for many years by a local family, and now it’s a favourite at the agricultural days and cake stalls. It’s also a great recipe to teach the kids.
- 1 cup crushed Weet-Bix or similar
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tbsp cocoa
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 150g butter, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Chocolate icing and hundreds and thousands
- Preheat oven to 190°C. Line a 30 x 21cm slice tin or similar.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a large bowl. Add the melted butter and vanilla, mixing well.
- Spoon into the tin and spread out evenly, pressing down firmly with the back of a spoon. Bake for 15 minutes until golden.
- Cool completely before icing and sprinkling with hundreds and thousands. Cut into bars.
For more sweet treat recipes, see the Cakes & Baking section.