To prepare the mango, peel off the skin with a sharp knife or potato peeler, then slice down each side of the stone to remove the mango“cheeks”. Cut away remaining flesh off the stone and slice.
- Spray oil
- 2 beef steaks (eye fillet, sirloin or Scotch fillet)
- Salt and cracked pepper
- ¼ telegraph cucumber, cut into fine strips
- 1 celery stalk, sliced on the angle
- 1 small red onion, halved and finely sliced
- 100g mesclun greens
- 2 packets noodles (egg, udon or soba) soaked in boiling water for 5 minutes, then drained
- Bunch of mint leaves, finely shredded
- ¼ cup plain oil
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp lemon zest, plus ¼ cup lemon juice
- 2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 1 large firm, ripe mango
- Fresh sliced chilli, for garnish
- Fresh limes, for squeezing
1 Preheat a frying pan. Spray the steaks with oil and season. Sear for 3-4 minutes on each side or until done to your liking. Remove from the pan and allow the meat to rest for 5-8 minutes before slicing into thin strips.
2 In a large bowl, combine the cucumber, celery, red onion, mesclun greens, drained noodles and mint.
3 For the dressing, combine the oils, chilli, lemon zest and juice, and sweet chilli, and shake well. Toss half the dressing with the noodles and veges. Arrange on a serving plate, then top the salad with sliced mango and beef strips. Drizzle over dressing and garnish with chilli and limes.