Dumplings are a fun way to add substance to a soup, and these are so simple to do. The dumplings will only take
about 4-5 minutes to cook so you can have this healthy comfort food on the table in less than 20 minutes. You can also make this a beef flavoured soup, using beef sausages.
- 6 cups quality chicken stock
- 1 stalk celery
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 1 carrot, sliced into thin strips
- 170-200g thin egg noodles
- 4 chicken sausages
- 2 large handfuls baby spinach leaves
- Soy sauce to taste
- Heat the chicken stock in a large saucepan, add the vegetables and noodles, cooking for 2 minutes.
- Squeeze the chicken meat from the sausages and, using slightly wet hands, roll into small balls (you should get about 6 from each sausage).
- Add the chicken dumplings to the chicken noodle soup and simmer for 5-8 minutes. The dumplings will all float to the surface. If you’re not sure whether they are cooked, try one yourself.
- Add the spinach for the last minute, cooking until wilted and bright green. Serve with plenty of chopped parsley and soy sauce to taste.